What to expect from the first week of the Nupo Diet.
"Is that normal?"During the first week of the Nupo Diet, it is perfectly normal to experience some "side effects". How much or how little you notice of these depends on which lifestyle you come from. The symptoms, or side effects, you experience make themselves applicable to any strict diet and are therefore not conditional on the Nupo Diet per se. Below we have listed the most frequent “side effects” of a diet. If you have other experiences that you would like to know more about or inquire about, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service.
HeadacheIf you are used to consuming a certain amount of sugar and from one day to the next, stop it, headache is an almost inevitable side effect as the body responds to the reduced sugar intake. The headache is thus a sign that the body does not get the sugar it is used to. The headache disappears within a relatively short time when your body gets used to being on the Nupo Diet and does not have that hunger for sugary foods. If you make sure you get approx. 300 ml of water with each of your 6 Nupo Diet products a day - and in addition, drink 2-3 litres of calorie-free liquid, there should be nothing to worry about. If necessary, take a headache pill, but there may also be something in “surviving” the headache and knowing that it is the body detoxing.
Dizziness and coldnessIf you have been used to consuming 2500-3000 kcal daily and suddenly only provides the body approx. 700 kcal daily to achieve an energy deficit (and consequent weight loss), the body will respond, for example, expressed by dizziness or coldness. As soon as the body gets used to the new conditions it changes. However, coldness can be something you experience for a longer period of time since you give your body less energy than before, your body needs more energy (from your stored fat depots) to keep you running. This may periodically mean that the body is trying to maintain its core temperature, now that the energy level is reduced and the body must prioritize the use of energy.
Fatigue and inattentionIt is perfectly normal to feel more tired, sleepy, lethargic and having difficulty concentrating the first week of an actual diet. The body has previously had an abundance of energy which is suddenly taken from it. During the period when the body goes from using carbohydrates as its primary source of energy to using stored fat depots as its primary source of energy, one is extra tired. As soon as the body goes into ketosis (fat burning) the energy will return and you will be clear in your head and be re-filled with energy. You already have all the energy you need in your stored fat depots, but the body's transition from one fuel source to another will undoubtedly consume a little on the surplus.
Also read: What is ketosis?
HungerHunger is an inevitable part of rearranging one's diet as much, as you will with a Nupo Diet. If you are overweight, you have given your body more energy than it was able to use, over a period of time. The stomach expands accordingly to the amount of food consumed. Now that the stomach does not get the same amount of food as before, it will "ask for more" until it has become accustomed to the new and limited amount of food. It usually does so within a week's time. If the hunger is too hard for you, or demand a lot of your attention - or is directly uncomfortable, we recommend taking a diet supplement that gives you calorie-free satiety, such as Slim Boost - Fill My Tummy. Water can also provide satiety. When your body achieves ketosis you will find that hunger disappears. Ketosis has the fantastic ability to give a natural feeling of satiety.
Frequent - or fewer - toilet visitsDuring the first week of the Nupo Diet, you presumably significantly reduce your carbohydrate intake in relation to the lifestyle you come from. It almost applies to everyone, whether you are overweight or just want to get rid of 5 vanity pounds. Carbohydrates bind fluid to the body - actually up to 3 times its own weight! Therefore, when carbohydrate intake is as limited as on the Nupo Diet, the body will let go of a lot of accumulated fluid. This means many pee-trips to the toilet - and a fantastic motivating result on the weight. But don't be fooled. Losing up to 3 kg during the first-week of Nupo Diet is not unusual. But! Due to the many toilet visits, you may find that it is the fluid loss that has the credit for much of the weight loss the first week. In addition, you can expect a stomach that may “communicate” a little more rumble than you are used to. Again, it depends a lot on what lifestyle you come from. If you've been used to much dietary fibre in your diet, you may not notice much more than an extra fart during the day. If you have not been used to a lot of dietary fibre, you may experience almost thunderous rumbling from the stomach, air and possibly an extra toilet visit or two - which is not necessarily the way it usually is. You can experience both diarrhoea and constipation during a weight loss course as your body naturally is detoxing. As soon as the stomach gets used to the many good dietary fibres, it all normalizes again. However, you must be aware - even at length - that you will visit the toilet less. 6 liquid meals a day is super healthy for the body as it absorbs nutrients from the liquid diet much better. We humans rarely chew the food so thoroughly that the body can fully benefit from the nutrition that is in our food. When the food is liquid, the body gets the best conditions to absorb nutrients. But what is left in the intestinal system is sparse and you should, therefore, expect less of these "daily breaks" during your diet.
- Do not use in case of allergy or intolerance to one of the compounds present in the formulation or to known sensitivity to herbal products.
- Not suitable for persons with swallowing difficulties.
- Not suitable for persons with inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract such as acid reflux disease, gastritis, ventricular or duodenal ulcers, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis), presenting signs of intestinal obstruction (impending or existing mechanical or paralytic ileus), gastric bypass, gastroparesis in diabetics with neuropathy, intestinal polyps and existing severe digestive disorders.
- Not suitable for persons with a medical history of constipation.
- Not suitable for underweight persons (Body Mass Index- BMI<18.5).
- Not suitable for babies, infants or children. Adolescents should use Calorie Fighter only after consulting a doctor.
- 1 stick three times a day (before breakfast, dinner and lunch),
- To be taken 15 minutes before each meal with one or two large glasses of water.
- an improvement in satiation and preventing overeating and cravings.
- reducing the absorption of fat by up to 42%*.
- reducing the availability of carbohydrates for absorption by up to 46%**.
- lowering the total calorie intake with approx. 800 kcal per day***.
A temporary feeling of satiety can take place after taking Fat Binder. This normally disappears after a short time. Overdosage or taking the product with insufficient quantities of water can lead to constipation. Persons with sensitive stomachs or bowels may occasionally experience disorders such as constipation, stomach aches, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea. If the side effects continue, the dose should be reduced or intake should be discontinued.
- Suitable for diabetics.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- No lactose, iodine, gluten, or cholesterol.
- No flavour enhancers or preservatives.
SLIM BOOST - FILL MY TUMMY(NDA)-2010-EFSA_Journal_claims (ANS)_et_al-2017-EFSA_Journal_glucomannan
SLIM BOOST - BLOCK MY CARBSScientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to a standardised aqueous extract from white kidney bean Fabenol Max a standardised aqueous extract from Phaseolus vulgaris L_EFSA Journal 2016.4401 EFSA Journal 2016_14_1_4401_white kidney beans Assesment report on Zingiber officinale Roscoe_Eurpean Medicines Agency A review on Pharmacological and Phytochemical properties of Zingiber officinale Roscoe
SLIM BOOST - BURN MY FATLorenzo_et_al-2015-British_Journal_of_Clinical_Pharmacology EFSA Yerba Mate_ID 3924 EFSA Yerba Mate_ID 2070 EFSA Cayenne pepper_ID 2006
SLIM BOOST+ Medical Device FAT BINDER (Clinical study)Clinical Report on Essentially Similar Device – KiOnutrime-CsG® 500 mg Capsules (Slim Med)
SLIM BOOST+ Medical Device Calorie Fighter (Clinical study)KioSlim in Innovations in Food Technology n72 August 2016 Trivedi et al Nutrition Journal 2016
Slim Boost+ Fat Binder is a fat binding product for treatment and prevention of obesity/overweight, to prevent diseases related to overweight and body fat.
The product developed to:
- ... help in treatment of obesity and overweight.
- ... help reduce the amount of fat gained from the diet.
- ... contribute to a maintaining a normal cholesterol level.
Slim Boost+ Fat Binder contains Lipomyl™ that naturally attracts and binds fat, as well as cholesterol, from the diet, in the stomach. This interaction shapes indigestible fat clusters that are too big for the body to absorb. This means that the fat, bound by the Lipomyl™, are not included in the metabolic cycle, and are excreted indigested. Slim Boost+ Fat Binder binds up to 60g of fat from the diet in the stomach - this is approx. 540 kcal.
Slim Boost+ Fat Binder is for every adult (18+) that needs to lose weight, or maintain a healthy, normal weight. The product can be used as a part of an energy restricted diet during a weight loss - or as a natural part of a busy everyday filled with tempetations that can prevent a normal weight maintenance.
The Slim Boost+ Fat Binder capsules are made from vegetable sources and are completely neutral in taste.
Slim Boost+ Fat Binder may used for up to 90 days as a part of an energy restricted diet. The product boost the effect of an energy restricted diet and physical activity. The speed and amount of a weight loss is individual, and factors such as age, health, lifestyle, start weight, and weight loss goal need to be taken into consideration.Medical devices, such as Slim Boost+ Fat Binder, cannot replace a varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Slim Boost+ Fat Binder may be used for up to 90 days as a part of an energy restricted diet. Consult a medical practitioner before using this product if you are taking any prescription medication, including oral contraceptive pills. In the event of constipation or other side effects, you should immediately discontinue taking Slim Boost+ Fat Binder and consult a medical practitioner.
- Take 2 capsules 15 minutes before a main meal with a large glass of water
- Take 2 capsules up to 3 times per day.
- Do not use Slim Boost+ Fat Binder if using prescribed Warfarin (anticoagulant) or Valproate (anticonvulsive).
- Do not use in case of allergy or intolerance to one of the materials present in the formulation.
- Do not take Slim Boost+ Fat Binder if you have inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. acid reflux disease, gastritis, ventricular or duodenal ulcers, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis), signs of intestinal obstruction (impending or existing mechanical or paralytic ileus), gastroparesis in diabetics with neuropathy, intestinal polyps and existing severe indigestion disorders (constipation).
- Do not use if underweight (Body Mass Index (BMI) < 18.5).
- Slim Boost+ Fat Binder should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding in order not to jeopardise the supply of important nutrients to the embryo or baby.
- Not suitable for babies or infants.
- Not suitable for children and adolescents.